Thursday, February 21, 2013

Twitter and Me

I am brand new to twitter, and so this was my first experience using it. I had some trouble understanding the purpose of using twitter as a teaching tool, but after going through some examples on how to benefit from using it, my mind has been changed. I ran into some problems on how to use a tweet for a purpose, but i later saw some meaning with the group quiz we took.  I thought it was awesome that our class collaborated to complete the questions assigned from the chapter. I think it worked out great, because even the people that didn't read were able to learn from what others were tweeting. The challenge of using twitter is the same as using the internet with knowing what information is actually significant or legit. The purpose of using this technology in teaching with twitter would be to have the students collaborating and working together to achieve a common goal; just what a connected learner should. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture you included. It is awesome! I agree that the purpose is to connect for a common purpose. Giving students the opportunity to work together on assignments promotes unity. By using something like Twitter for this the sense of belonging can be achieved even if a student cannot make it to class for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was like you at first as well, I could not figure out why we would use twitter. But, now that I have worked with it, I think it is an awesome communication tool.

    ReplyDelete